Saturday, August 06, 2005

Saturday Afternoon NASCAR

Once upon a time I thought NASCAR was just colorful cars going around and around in boring circles :). My older son became interested, and the younger soon followed. I began learning about NASCAR just so I could talk with my boys about their interest with a tiny bit of knowledge. Next thing I knew, I was a fan myself. The circles aren't so boring when you know about the personalities behind the wheel.

Our favorites are often the "veterans," who aren't really all that many years older than I am (gulp). Here's a good profile of Rusty Wallace and Mark Martin, who are in their final seasons this year -- although Mark may be tempted to drive in 2006, staying behind the wheel until Jamie McMurray can take over the No. 6 car in 2007. At the USA TODAY site there's a link to a story on another veteran, Dale Jarrett, in the righthand column.

2 Comments:

Blogger UGN said...

My favorite is Tony Stewart for the obvious reasons of my former employment. I always wondered why Tony is often reviled as being a hot head while the late Dale Earnhardt was adored for what seems to this bystander to be some of the same qualities.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I root for #38, Elliott Sadler...had to root for my favorite candy, M&Ms!! :)

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older