Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The Lost Art of the Thank You Note

I'm apparently one of a dying breed, someone who loves to write thank you notes. I find it enjoyable to contemplate a kindness received as I write the note, and it takes just a few minutes to let someone else know they are truly appreciated.

I suspect that when parents communicate positive feelings to their children about writing thank you notes, the children will be much more likely to enjoy the process themselves. This mother has exactly the right idea: "We started very early because we saw it as an opportunity for children learning to write to create something that was really short and would be so well-received. My kids were turned on by the idea of it being carried across the country by someone."

More on this timely subject here and here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older