Friday, July 21, 2006

Pigs Must Be Flying

Is it possible Oliver Stone has made a movie that doesn't mangle the truth? A movie that inspires all Americans regardless of politics?

Cal Thomas says the answer is yes, and Stone's WORLD TRADE CENTER is that movie.

My neighbor worked on the sets for this film. I was kind of disappointed when I heard he was working on it as I believed Stone would produce the same kind of falsified, liberal baloney as he has in the past, and I feared he'd turn the subject of 9/11 into another expression of the BDS (Bush Derangement Syndrome) so prevalent on the left.

Perhaps I was wrong. I hope so.

The story of the rescue depicted in the film was movingly told in REPORT FROM GROUND ZERO by Dennis Smith, if I'm remembering the correct title.

I'll await further reports on this film with interest.

Update: Kathryn Jean Lopez at National Review Online joins in the praise for WORLD TRADE CENTER.

Late Update: Cliff May at NRO's The Corner: "Words I Never Thought I'd Say: God Bless Oliver Stone."

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This would be a shock. Really beyond "pigs-flying" shock. More like "h*ll-freezing-over" shock or "Hillary-turns-conservative" shock or "Hillary-morphs-into-decent-being" shock. Really, really, really shocking!

7:56 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yep! :)

8:52 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Perhaps this time, Mr. Stone was compelled by something bigger than his own ego... to tell the story of humanity and what it was to be an American that day rather than feeding and thriving on a ridiculous conspiracy theory to feed the liberals.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older