Saturday, July 21, 2007

We Love Amazon


Let the reading begin!!

Click here ONLY if you wish to read the review from the L.A. Times. It does contain spoilers.

Update: Captain Ed posted a fun live blog and YouTube slideshow of the midnight party at his local B&N, which even included a visit from an owl!

He's already finished the book, which he terms "brilliant." A full-length review from Captain Ed will be forthcoming later in the week.

Late Update: Eight hours and 759 pages later, Oldest Daughter, aka Gategirl, pronounces the book a "satisfying" conclusion to the series.

Now it's Dad's turn!

4 Comments:

Blogger AmPowerBlog said...

Boy, you're a fast reader (or oldest daughter). I picked up my son's copy at the Barnes and Noble in the Tustin Market Place.

Hope you enjoy it. I just finished Atlas Shrugged...don't know when I'll get around to the Potter series.

Take care!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

My daughter and I are each very blessed to be fast readers. :)

You're ahead of me on ATLAS SHRUGGED...I haven't caught up with that one yet! (I did just tape the movie version of THE FOUNTAINHEAD...grin.)

I loved the Z Mario Italian restaurant at Tustin Marketplace. I used to eat there occasionally with my homeschool "moms" group. Read that it has moved closer to John Wayne Airport.

I checked out your profile & website and will be back to visit your site again. It is so encouraging to know not all poli sci professors are on the hard left. :) (I was a poli sci minor...and my husband graduated from LB State if that happens to be where you teach.)

Thanks for stopping by!
Best wishes,
Laura

10:06 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Laura,
A friend emailed me - she got her copy at 12:05 a.m., went home and devoured it. Took a nap and was going to start the whole thing over, this time reading is nice and slow and savoring every morsel!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That's a great story about your friend, Dana!

My older daughter wants to reread it and absorb more too, but she has to wait in line. (grin) My husband put in 5 hours last night and has been reading hours more today. He is nearing the end and then younger daughter gets to start it tonight. :) It's neat to see them having so much fun with it.

Best wishes,
Laura

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older