Thursday, August 16, 2007

White House Wedding?

The office of First Lady Laura Bush released the following announcement today:

"President and Mrs. George W. Bush are happy to announce the engagement of their daughter, Jenna Bush, to Mr. Henry Hager, son of the Honorable and Mrs. John H. Hager of Richmond, Virginia. Miss Bush and Mr. Hager became engaged Wednesday, August 15, 2007."

John Hager was formerly the lieutenant governor of Virginia.

No wedding date has been set. The Austin American-Statesman speculates that a White House wedding is not part of the couple's plans.

4 Comments:

Blogger DLBC said...

Hi there...I don't remember how I happened upon your blog, but have enjoyed reading it. Plus, you live in OC, which is where we moved from about 2 years ago to the Houston area. What city do you live in? We used to live in Ladera Ranch. Well, I also wanted to comment because I had just quickly read the story about Jenna Bush on another website and thought it was funny that it was the most recent story on your blog. Cheers!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Thank you for the kind words! Always nice to meet someone else from Orange County. I'm up in North O.C. (I don't post the city publicly.) I hope you're enjoying Houston! Took a peek at your blog -- as a baseball fan, I'd love to visit the Astros' stadium!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Best wishes,
Laura

9:27 PM  
Blogger jau said...

If it were me, I'd get married in the White House. Weddings can be a bunch of nonsense anyway, so why not make the most of it? But maybe the ceremony overwhelms the event, in that case. Who knows? Anyway, best to them both, I say! GWB and Laura certainly are good models, if what we see is what's really there.

Did you have a great big fantastic wedding, Laura?

Best-
Anne

2:16 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I think I'd also go for the historic White House wedding, but I can certainly sympathize if they'd rather have something more private, too. :) I wish them happiness!

Our wedding was simple by some standards, though it was fantastic to us (grin): a church wedding followed by a "punch and cake" reception in the church social hall. We're just not the types for the sit-down-dinner-and-dancing-costing-thousands, LOL.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older