Sunday, December 30, 2007

"The Inner Workings of Hearst Castle"

An interesting peek behind the scenes at Hearst Castle in San Simeon, California.

We visited the Castle a couple of years ago for the first time in many years and thoroughly enjoyed it. The article prompted me to revisit my photos of the trip, and I thought I'd share a few of them here. Click any of the photos to enlarge for a closer view.

If you plan a trip, I recommend the Captain's Cove in Cambria, a charming, immaculately kept small inn:


The California coastline across the road from Captain's Cove:


Hearst Castle's pools are perhaps its finest feature.

The Neptune Pool:


Another view:


The Roman Pool:


And one more photo:


In conjunction with the trip, we read about pioneering woman architect Julia Morgan.

Hearst Castle is well worth the visit. I'd love to take the nighttime tour at some point in the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

The one and only time I visited Hearst Castle was back when I was 9 years old! But I still have vivid memories and some old home movies.

On the last two trips my husband and I made up North we thought about going but the first time we could not get a reservation and the second we did not have the time. Maybe someday again.

11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older