Saturday, August 16, 2008

And This Guy Wants to Be President?

In response to the question "At what point does a baby get human rights in your view?" Senator Barack Obama replied, "Whether you are looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade."

True leadership.

Not.

This from a man whose campaign seems to invest an awful lot of effort in official logos to make him look "Presidential."

All show and no substance.

Obama did assure us regarding abortion, "One thing that I’m absolutely convinced of is that there is a moral and ethical element to this issue. And so I think that anybody who tries to deny the moral difficulties and gravity of the abortion issue is not paying attention."

Uh, gee, ya think?

I didn't watch the actual question and answer sessions -- the prospect of two hours of Oprah-like questions from touchy-feely Rick Warren was too much for me -- but based on the clips I saw after the fact, I agree with Kathryn Jean Lopez: "Just keep replaying tonight and McCain wins."

Sunday Update: Analysis from Ed Morrissey.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mrs. Happy Housewife said...

Heh, he didn't seem to think it was above his "paygrade" when he tried to kill the Illinois bill to protect the born-alive babies the hospitals were leaving to die after failed abortions. "Above my paygrade" my eye.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Excellent point, Mrs. HH. It's only above his pay grade when it comes to saving babies, but not when it comes to killing them.

Best wishes,
Laura

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older