Sunday, February 22, 2009

Cookbooks: Recent Additions to My Collection

In the last few weeks I've used Christmas gift cards to add several new titles to my cookbook collection. I've enjoyed all of them very much.

BRAISES AND STEWS, a 2007 book by Tori Ritchie (click title of post), provided tonight's dinner: Beef Stew with Caramelized Onions and Red Wine. It was superb! Next on my list to make from this book is Braised Brisket.

THE BEST OF SOUTHERN LIVING COOKBOOK provided an excellent recipe for Peppered Ribeye Steaks for President's Day weekend. Later this week, once the current rain has passed, we plan to grill Rosemary Chicken.

This book is brand-new, just published in early January.



FLAVORS OF COUNTRY COOKING
is from the editors of COUNTRY LIVING magazine and was first published in 2004.

So far my favorite recipe from this book is Herb Popovers. The popovers are flavored with herbes de Provence which gives them a faintly sweet taste we really liked.


Cook's Illustrated has a new book coming out next week, THE BEST SKILLET RECIPES.

Cookbooks from Cook's Illustrated and their America's Test Kitchen are always good, so I'll be taking a look at it when it's released.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older