Thursday, January 28, 2010

Coming to DVD: The Princess and the Frog (2009)

Disney's THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG comes to DVD on March 16, 2010.

DVD Times has information on the extras.

Unfortunately Disney is now going the route of other upcoming releases, such as THE BLIND SIDE, and including many more extras on the Blu-Ray release compared to the standard DVD.

I find these attempts to force a migration to Blu-Ray most annoying, especially as it seems that, other than brand-new films, future Blu-Ray releases will mostly be reissues of movies which I already own on DVD. They're just not going to invest money in Blu-Ray editions of many of the classic films which interest me most, and for that matter many classic films might not be appropriate for the Blu-Ray process.

Having already gone from Beta to VHS to DVD, I think I'm done upgrading!

Last December's review of THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG is here.

4 Comments:

Blogger Irene said...

This upsets me also. I do not want to switch to Blu-Ray!!! Also with this coming out in March, that pretty much means they won't be able to bring back the Jubilee at Disneyland to advertise it because the River is drained until May. Shoot.

12:55 PM  
Blogger James Corry said...

Laura, I couldn't agree MORE!! This CONSTANT "upgrading" drives me NUTS!! How many times can you buy "The Wizard Of Oz?"

11:37 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I know things like WIZARD OF OZ should look great in Blu-Ray, but I'm so thrilled with the quality of DVD (having grown up on watching bad hacked-up prints on commercial TV...) that I'm perfectly happy to "stand pat."

Best wishes,
Laura

11:40 AM  
Blogger Kori and Ken Pellman said...

I, too, am resisting the upgrade to Blue-ray. I have no plans to upgrade our main family TV any time soon, so I have no use for Blu-ray. I haven't had time to watch the extra features on most my of my DVDs as it is. Heck, I have plenty of DVDs I haven't even cracked open (I have a 2.5 year-old and a 5-month old). Perhaps Disney has an answer in their "KeyChest" or whatever it is called? - Ken

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older