Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Film Noir Festival Coming to Los Angeles

The 12th Annual Noir City Festival comes to the Egyptian Theatre in Los Angeles next month.

The titles screening between April 2nd and 18th include CRY DANGER (1951) on April 2nd, with Rhonda Fleming appearing in person.

Last weekend I read a wonderful interview with Fleming in Films of the Golden Age. What a great lady! Her personal website is here.

Julie Adams appears in person at a screening of HOLLYWOOD STORY (1951). As I recounted here a couple years ago, when I was in high school I appeared in a play with Miss Adams. She's now in her early 80s and as of a couple of years ago was still acting.

The terrific "psychological noir" THE LOCKET (1946) screens on April 9th.

Other titles include a double bill of JULIE (1956) with Doris Day and Louis Jourdan and BLUEPRINT FOR MURDER (1953) with Joseph Cotten and Jean Peters; another double bill is SO EVIL MY LOVE (1948) with Ray Milland and EXPERIMENT PERILOUS (1944) with George Brent and Hedy Lamarr.

I would love to see all of these films and wish it weren't quite such a challenge to coordinate my work and family schedules plus the lengthy drive. The double bills mentioned above are especially appealing; maybe I can swing one of them... Fingers crossed!

More info is at the Film Noir Foundation site.

2 Comments:

Blogger monty said...

That would be very cool Laura. Thanks for sharing and thanks for posting that link to Fleming's website on my page. I appreciate it.

3:03 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

You're welcome, Monty!

Best wishes,
Laura

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older