Thursday, August 26, 2010

Netflix for iTouch

Thanks to Missy for alerting me to the news that there's now a Netflix app for the iTouch.

I can't imagine I'd use it much, but I have to admit it's kind of fun to have another "toy" in my iTouch. You never know when it might come in handy...!

If you're in the middle of watching something online on your computer, the app will even pick up where you left off.

Using Netflix for iTouch is included in the regular monthly Netflix fee.

Update: In related news, Blockbuster has announced it's going to be filing for bankruptcy in the next few weeks.

Our local Blockbuster store closed a few months ago. I never enjoyed going there; the selection was, in a word, junky, and the service was uninspired. Consequently, I rarely rented movies, and when Netflix arrived, it seemed like a movie rental miracle. Small wonder that Blockbuster's struggling to survive.

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

This app has been available for a little while on the iPad. Last night it was updated to work on the iPhone and iPod Touch. Pretty snazzy, but the picture image is not fantastic on my 1st generation iPod Touch...good and watchable, but not great.

I plan to use it in the library. Just kidding!

1:56 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I've got a 3rd generation iTouch so I'll be curious to see how the picture image is when I have time to try it out.

Thanks,
Laura

2:25 PM  
Blogger Gordon Pasha said...

Laura: Your comments on Blockbuster and Netflix correspond exactly to my own experience. With TCM, Netflix, my backlog library, and some miscellaneous channels (IFC and Sundance), I am at a place that was unimaginable in the past. More films than I can keep up with. Best. Gerald

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older