Saturday, January 28, 2017

Disneyland: Main Street Electrical Parade

The Main Street Electrical Parade has returned to Disneyland for the first time in two decades!


I last saw the parade in 2009, when it was presented in Disney California Adventure. A few photos from that occasion are here.


The parade has been in Florida in recent years, but is now being performed for a limited time in its original home, Disneyland. The parade was created in 1972, and it's rather remarkable that it's still being enjoyed 45 years later.


I have especially fond memories of the parade, as I occasionally worked along the parade route while a Disneyland employee during my college years; for me the theme music, "Baroque Hoedown," is thus particularly nostalgic.


More photos:








The Electrical Parade will be performed at Disneyland until June 18, 2017.

2 Comments:

Blogger KC said...

I'm so excited! I remember seeing this when I was a kid. Now I have the music running through my head, which is I guess a mixed blessing.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That's so great you're going to be able to revisit it for the first time in all those years. I'm especially glad it will be playing when you're here since there's so much construction going on right now, which knocks some attractions out of commission.

That music does tend to stick with you! LOL.

Best wishes,
Laura

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older